5-Day Sea Otter Kayak Tour - Kayaking Spring Island, Kyuquot, BC
5-Day Sea Otter Kayak TourRecharge while experiencing the awe-inspiring wonder of this remote corner of Vancouver Island. A perfect sea kayaking adventure choice for solo travelers, couples, families or groups. You're likely to share waters with playful sea otters, snorting sea lions, and sometimes whales! Book Now
OverviewThese trips conveniently begin and end from your accommodation in Comox/Courtenay or Campbell River on Vancouver Island, include van transportation, a scenic boat ride to our Wilderness Retreat Base Camp, and the perfect mix of personal and group time once on the west coast.
Our daily routines flow with the tides, weather, and wildlife. Taking full advantage of the comforts and conveniences of our base camp, each day's outings by sea kayak and foot allow us to share nearby highlights, including:
- curious sea otters, sea lions, and possibly of kayaking with whales, which can include humpback, grey, MInke & killer whales
- tufted puffins, bald eagles, osprey & other marine birds
- black bear viewing from kayaks while they forage along the shoreline
- inviting shell beaches on rocky islets laden with marine life in tide pools
- giant Sitka spruce trees topped with the massive nests of bald eagles
- some of the most spectacular rugged surf-pounded shores
- incredibly picturesque sunsets and sunrises
- historic and current sites of the local Kyuquot-Checleset First Nations people
|Our best family expedition ever!|
|Ballantyne family, Victoria, BC|
When on interpretive walks, if we don't have answers for your many questions, we'll try to find out more from our resource library in the dining and activity shelter at our island retreat.