Vancouver Island Sea Kayaking Tours & Canadian Wilderness RetreatJoin us on Spring Island every summer for personalized and professionally guided sea kayak tours to access old-growth forests, idyllic beaches, Aboriginal cultural experiences, and diverse wildlife. Savour a flexible, fun, and refreshing vacation at an enchanting wilderness retreat in Canada!
Truly get away! Experience the quiet joy and wonder of a Vancouver Island adventure destination that's off the beaten path, Kyuquot.
Explore by kayak from the comforts of our wilderness retreat nestled on a remote island in the Pacific! Daily guided activities introduce you to hidden gems, including rich marine ecology, secluded islets, and the nearby coastal village, people, and Aboriginal culture of Kyuquot as part of Canada's west coast story.
Since 1972, guests have delighted in appreciating the little things around them while exploring with us. For over 25 years, we've focused on doing this through guided sea kayaking outings, honing the art of offering remarkable experiences for all abilities. Read what guests say about their west coast adventures with us!
Each season, about 70% of our guests are returning or referred by word-of-mouth!
We are happy to share that our 5-Day Sea Otter Kayak Tour is recognized as a Canadian Signature Experience
|Of my 6 weeks in Canada seeing the best it had to offer, the 5 days on Spring Island take up 99.4% of my Canadian memory bank and 84% of my Canadian photo album. The profound beauty of the places WCE showed me will stay with me forever...|
|Jamie R., Tasmania, Australia|
Base Camp Kayak through spectacular seascapes, rimmed by majestic rainforest - Base Camp kayaking offers refreshing options.
Expeditions Our British Columbia kayaking expeditions explore one of our planet’s finest coastal areas - the home of sea otters.
|...the best paddling expedition and base camp experts that I have travelled with - comforting and rewarding. You will not have a more expert and knowledgeable team that know and frequent the local waters, people and environment.|
|Kevin B., Victoria, BC|
Completely unplug to connect, experience, and refresh.
Take a break from your devices - there is no cellular reception at our base camp kayaking location, nor during our multi-day kayaking expeditions.
We cover the safety, comfort, and enjoyment details so that you eat, play, and sleep well as part of a personalized adventure vacation.
Featured Sea Kayaking Vacation Packages
Custom Family Adventures
Dream it and it can happen! Our Wilderness Retreat, local expertise, and diverse network provide you an incredible platform for concocting your own west coast family adventure. We are centrally located in this remote coastal setting with quick access a range of options.
8-Day Brooks Peninsula Kayaking
Ready for a full-on immersion in the wild West Coast? This sea kayaking expedition, designed for experienced paddlers, was described by Men's Journal as one of "10 Real Adventures for Mere Mortals," alongside other world-class thrills like diving in the Galapagos.
Custom Family AdventuresDream it and it can happen! Our Wilderness Retreat, local expertise, and diverse network provide you an incredible platform for concocting your own west coast family adventure. We are centrally located in this remote coastal setting with quick access a range of options.
8-Day Brooks Peninsula KayakingReady for a full-on immersion in the wild West Coast? This sea kayaking expedition, designed for experienced paddlers, was described by Men's Journal as one of "10 Real Adventures for Mere Mortals," alongside other world-class thrills like diving in the Galapagos.
|You all create a magical experience for sharing this place of natural beauty with nourishing company and delicious food.|
|Odete P., Vancouver, BC|
Our kayaking tours are on the northwest coast of Vancouver Island, away from the summer tourist crowds in Tofino, Clayoquot Sound, the Broken Islands, and Johnstone Strait.
You will have the space and freedom to relax and absorb your surroundings. Appreciating the unmatched comforts of a Base Camp Kayaking Adventure that can be tailored to your kayaking abilities and interests, or a more out-there Multi-day Kayaking Expedition for those with more paddling experience.
If kayaking isn't your cup of tea or only a partial interest, arrange for a more customized package from our Wilderness Retreat.
Base Camp Sea Kayaking Trip ComfortsAppreciate the coastal camping luxuries of our one-of-a-kind Vancouver Island wilderness retreat. Whether joining us for a base camp kayaking adventure or starting and ending your expedition kayak trip, you will enjoy:
- spacious walk-in tents on scenic waterfront sites
- thick mattresses and comfy pillows on wooden beds
- our dining and activity shelter with cozy wood stove
- wholesome meals featuring local & fresh ingredients
- propane-heated shower with ocean views
- resource library and natural history collection
- diverse fleet of single & double fiberglass kayaks
- shore & water-based activity options for all weather
Personalized Ocean Kayaking AdventuresWith our talented team and uniquely situated infrastructure, we work with each guest to create memorable Vancouver Island kayaking adventures that meet a variety of needs and interests, whether:
- …looking for a “once-in-a-lifetime” adventure vacation you'll want to repeat?
- …new to kayaking and wanting a positive experience with supportive, flexible, and experienced guides?
The perfect island...[with] abundant diversity... John Kimantas,
Coast & Kayak Magazine
- …travelling from afar and wanting a Signature Canadian Experience where all of the details are taken care of: transportation, gourmet meals, accommodation, top-notch equipment, professional guiding and seamless logistics?
- …more local to Vancouver or Vancouver Island and curious about a world-class destination in your own backyard that few have ever heard about?
- …searching for a unique family or group vacation that’s perfect for diverse interests and needs (ages, experiences, comforts, meals, activities,…)?
- …a solo traveler or couple keen to meet and explore with others who share similar interests?
- …passionate about wildlife and nature photography, painting, or writing and looking for peaceful inspiration in a new place?
- …intrigued about the rich Aboriginal history, culture, and present day living on our diverse coast?
- …a nature-lover who could watch a sea otter all day long, or just float in your kayak looking at birds that are riding on the same swell while feeding on fish below?