Vancouver Island Sea Kayaking Tours & Canadian Wilderness RetreatJoin us on Spring Island in Kyuquot for personalized kayaking tours on the edge of Canada, with abundant sea otters, old-growth forests, idyllic beaches, Aboriginal cultural experiences, and diverse wildlife. Savour a flexible, fun, and refreshing vacation at an enchanting wilderness retreat!
Base Camp Kayak through spectacular seascapes, rimmed by majestic rainforest - Base Camp kayaking offers refreshing options.
Expeditions Our British Columbia kayaking expeditions explore one of our planet’s finest coastal areas - the home of sea otters.
CONNECT ~ EXPERIENCE ~ REFRESH
Since 1972, our guests have delighted in appreciating the little things around them while exploring with us. For over 25 years, we've focused on doing this through guided sea kayaking outings, honing the art of remarkable experiences for all abilities. Read what guests say about their west coast adventures with us!
Each season, about 70% of our guests are returning or referred by word-of-mouth!
|Of my 6 weeks in Canada seeing the best it had to offer, the 5 days on Spring Island take up 99.4% of my Canadian memory bank and 84% of my Canadian photo album. The profound beauty of the places WCE showed me will stay with me forever...|
|Jamie R., Tasmania, Australia|
Our 5-Day Sea Otter Kayak Tour is recognized as a Canadian Signature Experience by Destination Canada & Destination BC.
Truly get away! Experience the quiet joy and wonder of a Vancouver Island adventure destination that's off the beaten path, Kyuquot.
Explore by kayak from the comforts of our wilderness retreat nestled on a remote island in the Pacific! Daily guided activities introduce you to hidden gems, including rich marine ecology, secluded islets, and the nearby coastal village, people, and Aboriginal culture of Kyuquot as part of Canada's west coast story.
|...the best paddling expedition and base camp experts that I have travelled with - comforting and rewarding. You will not have a more expert and knowledgeable team that know and frequent the local waters, people and environment.|
|Kevin B., Victoria, BC
Featured Sea Kayaking Vacation Packages
4-Day Kayaking Kyuquot Sound
Experience the riches of a sea kayaking and holiday escape to Kyuquot. Enjoy a true getaway with delicious meals, playful outings by kayak or on forest trails, and blissful nights.
8-Day Brooks Peninsula Kayaking
Ready for a full-on immersion in the wild West Coast? This sea kayaking expedition, designed for experienced paddlers, was described by Men's Journal as one of "10 Real Adventures for Mere Mortals," alongside other world-class thrills like diving in the Galapagos.
4-Day Kayaking Kyuquot SoundExperience the riches of a sea kayaking and holiday escape to Kyuquot. Enjoy a true getaway with delicious meals, playful outings by kayak or on forest trails, and blissful nights.
8-Day Brooks Peninsula KayakingReady for a full-on immersion in the wild West Coast? This sea kayaking expedition, designed for experienced paddlers, was described by Men's Journal as one of "10 Real Adventures for Mere Mortals," alongside other world-class thrills like diving in the Galapagos.
Ideal Sea Kayaking Location with ComfortsExperiences begin with convenient transportation from central Vancouver Island in the Comox Valley or Campbell River to our remote ocean kayaking adventures on the northwest coast of Vancouver Island, away from the summer visitor crowds in Tofino, Clayoquot Sound, the Broken Islands, and Johnstone Strait.
Appreciate the coastal camping luxuries of our one-of-a-kind Vancouver Island wilderness retreat. Whether joining us for a base camp kayaking adventure or at the start and end of your expedition kayak trip, you will enjoy:
- spacious walk-in tents on scenic waterfront sites
- thick mattresses and comfy pillows on wooden beds
- our dining and activity shelter with cozy wood stove
- wholesome meals featuring local & fresh ingredients
- propane-heated shower with ocean views
- resource library and natural history collection
- diverse fleet of single & double fiberglass kayaks
- shore & water-based activity options for all weather
We cover the details for safety, comfort, and enjoyment so that you eat, play, and sleep well as part of a personalized adventure vacation.
You will have the space and freedom to relax and absorb your surroundings. Appreciate the unmatched comforts of a Base Camp Kayaking Adventure that can be tailored to your kayaking abilities and interests, or a more out-there Multi-day Kayaking Expedition for those with more paddling experience. If kayaking isn't your thing or only a partial interest, arrange something custom from our Wilderness Retreat.
|You all create a magical experience for sharing this place of natural beauty with nourishing company and delicious food.|
|Odete P., Vancouver, BC
Personalized Ocean Kayaking AdventuresWith our talented team and uniquely situated infrastructure, we work with each guest to create memorable Vancouver Island kayaking adventures that meet a variety of needs and interests, whether:
- looking for a “once-in-a-lifetime” adventure vacation you'll want to repeat?
- new to kayaking and wanting a positive experience with supportive, flexible, and experienced guides?
The perfect island...[with] abundant diversity... John Kimantas,
Coast & Kayak Magazine
- local to Vancouver or Vancouver Island and wanting a little-known world-class experience in your own backyard?
- travelling from afar and wanting a Signature Canadian Experience with transportation, gourmet meals, accommodation, top-notch equipment, professional guiding and seamless logistics?
- searching for a unique family or group vacation that’s perfect for diverse interests and needs (ages, experiences, comforts, meals, activities,…)?
- a solo traveler or couple keen to meet and explore with others who share similar interests?
- passionate about wildlife and nature photography, painting, or writing and looking for peaceful inspiration in a new place?
- intrigued about the rich Aboriginal history, culture, and present day living on our diverse coast?
- a nature-lover who could watch a sea otter all day long, or just float in your kayak looking at birds that are riding on the same swell while feeding on fish below?