Vancouver Island Sea Kayaking Tours - Your Wilderness Retreat in CanadaJoin us on Spring Island every June to September for professionally guided sea kayak tours, old-growth forest walks, shoreline hikes, Aboriginal cultural experiences, and diverse wildlife viewing. Savour a flexible, fun, and refreshing vacation at a unique wilderness retreat in Canada!
We are proud to announce our 5-Day Sea Otter Kayak Tour has been selected as a Canadian Signature Experience
Truly get away - kayaking in Kyuquot, off the beaten path! Experience the joy, wonder, and diversity of a remote Vancouver Island adventure destination rich in marine biology and Aboriginal culture, where the coast meets the mountains.
Since 1972 we've specialized in fun authentic experiences that connect people with the west coast, including over 25 years of guided sea kayaking trips in Kyuquot's spectacular BC coastal ecosystem, home of the curious sea otter.
Base Camp Kayak through spectacular seascapes, rimmed by majestic rainforest - Base Camp kayaking offers refreshing options.
Expeditions Our British Columbia kayaking expeditions explore one of our planet’s finest coastal areas - the home of sea otters.
|...the best paddling expedition and base camp experts that I have travelled with - comforting and rewarding. You will not have a more expert and knowledgeable team that know and frequent the local waters, people and environment.|
|Kevin B., Victoria, BC|
Safety, comfort, and enjoyment are top priorities.
Eat, play, sleep, and be well!
Our remote ocean kayaking adventures begin with convenient transportation from the Comox Valley or Campbell River, both easily accessed by ground or air. Our kayaking tours are on the northwest coast of Vancouver Island, away from the summer crowds in Tofino, Clayoquot Sound, the Broken Islands, and Johnstone Strait.
Give yourself space and freedom to relax and absorb your surroundings with the unmatched comforts of a Base Camp Kayaking Adventure or a more out-there Multi-day Kayaking Expedition. If kayaking isn't your full cup of tea or only a partial interest, arrange for a more customized Wilderness Retreat.
Featured Sea Kayaking Vacation Packages
4-Day Kayaking Kyuquot Sound
Experience the riches of a sea kayaking and holiday escape to Kyuquot. Enjoy a true getaway with delicious meals, playful outings by kayak or on forest trails, and blissful nights.
7-Day Bunsby Islands Kayaking
Enjoy the sublime combination of adventure, First Nation culture, and awe-inspiring natural wonder. Slightly less strenuous and "out there" than our longer Brooks Peninsula expeditions, these Bunsby Islands trips are still designed for kayakers with some experience.
Experience much more than just sea kayaking on Vancouver Island's west coast...
4-Day Kayaking Kyuquot SoundExperience the riches of a sea kayaking and holiday escape to Kyuquot. Enjoy a true getaway with delicious meals, playful outings by kayak or on forest trails, and blissful nights.
7-Day Bunsby Islands KayakingEnjoy the sublime combination of adventure, First Nation culture, and awe-inspiring natural wonder. Slightly less strenuous and "out there" than our longer Brooks Peninsula expeditions, these Bunsby Islands trips are still designed for kayakers with some experience.
|You all create a magical experience for sharing this place of natural beauty with nourishing company and delicious food.|
|Odete P., Vancouver, BC|
Read what guests say about their west coast adventures with us!
Base Camp Sea Kayaking Trip ComfortsAppreciate the unique coastal camping luxuries of our Vancouver Island wilderness retreat. Whether joining us for a base camp kayaking adventure or starting and ending your expedition kayak trip, you will enjoy:
- spacious walk-in tents on scenic waterfront sites
- thick mattresses and comfy pillows on wooden beds
- dining and activity shelter with cozy wood stove
- wholesome meals featuring local & fresh ingredients
- propane-heated shower with ocean views
- resource library and natural history collection
- diverse fleet of single & double fiberglass kayaks
- shore & water-based activity options for all weather
- morning sunshine, evening light, stunning sunrises and sunsets
|Of my 6 weeks in Canada seeing the best it had to offer, the 5 days on Spring Island take up 99.4% of my Canadian memory bank and 84% of my Canadian photo album. The profound beauty of the places WCE showed me will stay with me forever...|
|Jamie R., Tasmania, Australia|
Individualized Ocean Kayaking Adventures
|The perfect island...[with] abundant diversity...|
Coast & Kayak Magazine
- …looking for a “once-in-a-lifetime” adventure vacation that you'll be tempted to repeat?
- …new to kayaking and want a positive experience with supportive, flexible, and experienced guides?
- …a more experienced paddler comfortable in a range of conditions and wanting to find new edges and really explore?
- …travelling from afar with limited time and want a Signature Canadian Experience in the wilderness where all of the details are taken care of – transportation, gourmet meals, accommodation, top-notch equipment, professional guiding and seamless logistics?
- …more local to Vancouver or Vancouver Island and curious about a world-class destination in your own backyard that few have ever heard about?
- …trying to find a unique family or group vacation that’s perfect for diverse interests and needs (ages, experiences, comforts, meals, activities,…)?
- …a solo traveler or couple keen to meet and explore with others who share similar interests?
- …passionate about wildlife and nature photography, painting, or writing and looking for peaceful inspiration in a new place?
- …intrigued and drawn to learning more about the complex Aboriginal history, culture, and present day living on our diverse coastline?
- …a nature-lover who could watch a sea otter all day long, or just float in your kayak looking at birds riding the same swell?