Vancouver Island Sea Kayaking Tours - Your Wilderness Retreat in CanadaJoin us on Spring Island every June to September summer paddling season for professionally guided sea kayak tours, old-growth forest walks, shoreline hikes, and diverse wildlife viewing. Savour a flexible, fun, and refreshing vacation at the only wilderness retreat like it in Canada!
We are proud to announce our 5-Day Sea Otter Kayak Tour has been selected as a Canadian Signature Experience
Truly get away - kayaking in Kyuquot, off the beaten path! Experience the joy, wonder, and diversity of a remote Vancouver Island adventure destination rich in marine biology and Aboriginal culture, where the coast meets the mountains.
Since 1972 we've specialized in fun authentic experiences that connect people with the west coast, including over 25 years of guided sea kayaking trips in Kyuquot's spectacular BC coastal ecosystem, home of the curious sea otter.
Base Camp Kayak through spectacular seascapes, rimmed by majestic rainforest - Base Camp kayaking offers refreshing options.
Expeditions Our British Columbia kayaking expeditions explore one of our planet’s finest coastal areas - the home of sea otters.
|...the best paddling expedition and base camp experts that I have travelled with - comforting and rewarding. You will not have a more expert and knowledgeable team that know & frequent the local waters, people and environment.|
|Kevin B., Victoria, BC|
Safety, comfort, and enjoyment are top priorities.
Eat, play, sleep, and be well!
Most of our sea kayaking adventures begin from the Comox Valley or Campbell River which are easily accessed by ground or air. Our kayaking tours include convenient ground transportation to reach our remote location on the west coast of Vancouver Island. Easy!
Give yourself space and freedom to relax and absorb your surroundings with the unmatched comforts of a Base Camp Kayaking Adventure or a more out-there Multi-day Kayaking Expedition. If kayaking isn't your full cup of tea or only a partial interest, arrange for a more customized Wilderness Retreat.
Featured Sea Kayaking Vacation Packages
8-Day Brooks Peninsula Kayaking
Ready for a full-on immersion in the wild West Coast? This sea kayaking expedition, designed for experienced paddlers, was described by Men's Journal as one of "10 Real Adventures for Mere Mortals," alongside other world-class thrills like diving in the Galapagos.
Location, location, location! Explore and photograph world-class west coast wildlife and landscapes by power boat, kayak and on foot. Create incredible photographs of sea otters, whales, eagles, osprey and an unbelievable diversity of marine landscapes and tidal life.
Experience much more than just sea kayaking on Vancouver Island's west coast...
8-Day Brooks Peninsula KayakingReady for a full-on immersion in the wild West Coast? This sea kayaking expedition, designed for experienced paddlers, was described by Men's Journal as one of "10 Real Adventures for Mere Mortals," alongside other world-class thrills like diving in the Galapagos.
Photo TourLocation, location, location! Explore and photograph world-class west coast wildlife and landscapes by power boat, kayak and on foot. Create incredible photographs of sea otters, whales, eagles, osprey and an unbelievable diversity of marine landscapes and tidal life.
|You all create a magical experience for sharing this place of natural beauty with nourishing company and delicious food.|
|Odete P., Vancouver, BC|
Read what guests say about their west coast adventures with us!
Base Camp Sea Kayaking Trip ComfortsAppreciate the unique coastal camping luxuries of our Vancouver Island wilderness retreat. Whether joining us for a base camp kayaking adventure or starting and ending your expedition kayak trip, you will enjoy:
- spacious walk-in tents on scenic waterfront sites
- thick mattresses and comfy pillows on wooden beds
- dining and activity shelter with cozy wood stove
- wholesome meals featuring local & fresh ingredients
- propane-heated shower with ocean views
- resource library and natural history collection
- diverse fleet of single & double fiberglass kayaks
- shore & water-based activity options for all weather
- morning sunshine, evening light, stunning sunrises and sunsets
|Of my 6 weeks in Canada seeing the best it had to offer, the 5 days on Spring Island take up 99.4% of my Canadian memory bank and 84% of my Canadian photo album. The profound beauty of the places WCE showed me will stay with me forever...|
|Jamie R., Tasmania, Australia|
Individualized Ocean Kayaking Adventures
|The perfect island...[with] abundant diversity...|
Coast & Kayak Magazine
- …looking for a “once-in-a-lifetime” adventure vacation that you'll be tempted to repeat?
- …new to kayaking and want a positive experience with supportive, flexible, and experienced guides?
- …a more experienced paddler comfortable in a range of conditions and wanting to find new edges and really explore?
- …travelling from afar with limited time and want a Signature Canadian Experience in the wilderness where all of the details are taken care of – transportation, gourmet meals, accommodation, top-notch equipment, professional guiding and seamless logistics?
- …more local to Vancouver or Vancouver Island and curious about a world-class destination in your own backyard that few have ever heard about?
- …trying to find a unique family or group vacation that’s perfect for diverse interests and needs (ages, experiences, comforts, meals, activities,…)?
- …a solo traveler or couple keen to meet and explore with others who share similar interests?
- …passionate about wildlife and nature photography, painting, or writing and looking for peaceful inspiration in a new place?
- …intrigued and drawn to learning more about the complex Aboriginal history, culture, and present day living on our diverse coastline?
- …a nature-lover who could watch a sea otter all day long, or just float in your kayak looking at birds riding the same swell?